Miso Soup with Mussel and Tofu

Miso Soup with Mussel and Tofu

Oh yeah... I must admit that I have been crazy about Japanese food. Japanese food seems a good friend of my husband since he found out that he is allergic to wheat. Hence, eating out is not easy anymore for us, especially if you live on the wheat growers' land.

After I received Everyday Harumi cookbook from Serge Lescouarnec, I became more knowledgeable about this cuisine. I know how to make dashi from scratch. This dish was inspired by Miso Soup with Sesame and Tofu of Harumi too. With the Garlic Mussels that was posted previously, I twisted her recipe.

You may serve this soup for your appetizer at the New Year party as I submitted to the Masak Bareng Yuuk event December 2009 period with theme "Hidangan Pesta tahun Baru (English: New Year Party Dish).

There were some different ideas for the party as well that you may be interested.

Tteokochi - Korean Rice Cake with Spicy Sauce

Vietnamese Salad Rolls

Breaded Curried King Oyster Mushroom

Phoenix Talons

Lumpia Semarang - Semarang Style Spring Rolls

Spanakopita - Greek Spinach Pie

Miso Soup with Mussel and Tofu


Ingredients:

  • 10 g soft/silken tofu, drained and cubed
  • 8 garlic mussels
  • 3 1/2 cups ichiban dashi stock
  • 4-5 tbsp miso
  • sliced green onions, for granish

Directions:

  1. Heat dashi stock in a saucepan. before it comes a boil, add tofu.
  2. Gradually add miso, stirring until compltely dissolved.
  3. Bring almost to a boil, add garlic mussels to the soup and stir in well.
  4. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle green onion over the soup and serve.

There were some dishes that I posted before